Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunday

It's been a few days since I last posted. We've been pretty busy, though :). On Friday we did our art lesson. Leilani did a pretty fantastic job if I do say so myself.
Her fox - she decided he was angry because someone was stealing his food.

After that, we ran to the grocery store (we go through milk like crazy) and got The Lorax. I absolutely LOVED that movie!
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, It's not going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
A good reminder that this world is the only one we have, and we need to take good care of it or it'll be gone. Unable to support life. Not to mention, it was cute, too :).

Natalia is definitely sitting up on her own for short spaces of time. Her balance is getting pretty amazing. I think she's skipping the whole "rolling over" thing - she has zero interest in that, but is desperate to try to crawl. She gets her arms under her, her head up, and her feet go crazy. She also does the "superman" an awful lot. And, she never stops jabbering - she and Leilani are like two peas in a pod in that respect.

Saturday we went to Blockbuster to get some movies. Leilani got her favorite: Puss in Boots and Jeremy thought she might like Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Boy, was he right! She couldn't stop running around, saying things like "Lucy just went into Narnia!" "Narnia's my favorite place in the world!" and "Aslan is my favorite lion!" So, safe bet that she enjoyed it *grin*. Jeremy and I got a couple movies - J. Edgar - which was rather dry and boring. We wound up stopping it and putting in the movie we got especially for me: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Would you believe this is my first time watching these movies? Well, I thoroughly enjoyed it, except the place where the disc froze, that was aggravating. Oh, and I had a difficult time with R-Patz, mainly because I have trouble seeing him as anything other than a sparkly, vapid vampire. Even though it didn't follow the book exactly, I definitely enjoyed it. After having (finally) read the books a couple times each, it's fun to see them brought to life.

Today we all slept in again. In a strange reversal, Jeremy was up long before Leilani. Natalia slept in until ten for the first time in a long time! I'm going through our food. The other day I used my second to last can of beans and made oodles of seitan...we had pot roast Friday, tacos yesterday and will finish it all off over the next week. Today I made green olive tapenade pasta and used my last can of beans...it made a rather creamy sauce. Jeremy used the vitamix and made basil-lemonade to go with it. Natalia loved the pasta sauce- even with its red pepper flakes! And Leilani drank up her lemonade. I just love when she actually eats/drinks stuff that's good for her. It's not that she's picky, she just doesn't have time for things like food.

Awana starts back up tonight. I can't believe Leilani's a Sparky!

Jeremy's going to be out of town for the next week, so I might not have much internet.

I managed to catch this moment, I thought it was incredibly sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment