Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Break with a Banshee

Leilani has taken to screeching loudly lately. She's woken Natalia several times over the past 24 hours....and I just don't know what to do. I'm going to try taking away movies if she does it again and see if that helps Hopefully it will. It's not that I don't want her to have emotions - those are good - I just need her to learn a bit more control over them. And to understand that mommy can't do everything Leilani wants just when Leilani wants it. Tough lessons, for both of us - her to learn, me to teach. Also, the name of my post is a bit of a geeky reference, just seemed to fit today, what with the screeching an all :).

School went terribly. She wants to take breaks every five minutes (really, I'm only exaggerating a teeny bit). If we were moved and settled into a new place, I'd be school hunting. But not knowing when we're moving and all those pesky little details, makes it rather hard. It also adds stress to both of us. I know it's really getting to me. Fortunately, after we're done with school things generally get better. We returned our movies to Blockbuster and Leilani got something besides Puss in Boots (huge sigh of relief here,I'm rather tired of that movie lol). At least Dora teaches Spanish. Today, Leilani said hello in Spanish, and Mandarin. And a whole lot of other Spanish words I've been trying to teach her and she's not been too keen on.

Natalia finally fell asleep, so I was going to lay down and nap with her after I went to the bathroom. Naturally, as soon as I set her down, she woke up. Grrrrr. No nap for this mama. And not much of one for the baby, either :(.

Anyway, the best thing about today is that it's nearly over. Thank goodness.



No comments:

Post a Comment