Saturday, September 29, 2012

On the Road Again

I know the next lines are "I just can't wait to get on the road again", but I really can't wait to see the end of the road. We're not going to push ourselves, just going to focus on enjoying ourselves, as much as we can anyway.

We've started doing little exercises each time we stop, and we're doing our best to keep eating healthy. We bought some vegan power bars and snacks, and we're using an app called Happy Cow to help us find vegan/vegetarian/vegan-friendly restaurants.

I think Leilani and Natalia are both already going stir-crazy. Natalia is doing this screech thing and Leilani's yelling back "be quiet, Natalia!" Such fun sitting between them, trying to keep them both calm and all. Natalia ate some baby food while sitting in her carseat. We have two jars and I let her choose which one she wanted to eat. She chose apples and blueberries. She then ate about a fifth of the jar (I got the 2nd step stuff), plus gnawed on/slobbered all over a cracker.

At one of our rest stops, Jeremy swung Leilani around and around. I got some really awesome pictures of that. After this trip is over, and I have picture uploading capabilities again I'm going to have several posts of just pictures.

We were going right by my uncle and aunts house, so we called my cousin and swung by to see some of my family. It was awesome getting to see them again after such a long time! Leilani got to play with her cousin for the first time in years, and Jeremy got to meet some of them for the first time, too. It made me so happy to get to catch up! We got some incredibly adorable pictures of Leilani and Klaira.

No comments:

Post a Comment