Sunday, September 23, 2012

Last Sunday in Ohio

Today is our last Sunday here. Tomorrow the movers will be coming out to start packing all our stuff. In the interest of having less stuff to move, I used up almost the last foodstuffs in the cupboard. I made a quinoa pilaf with vegetables I had in the fridge, added in some basil and oregano, and it turned out surprisingly yummy.

We all slept in some today, and Leilani played most of the day. Yesterday she lost her movie privileges because of throwing a fit, then arguing. Basically, the moment really sucked for all parties involved. But I stuck to my guns, and she seems so much happier. I usually relent after a while, which is definitely not good. See, she usually watches movies in the morning, since Natalia sleeps in, but because of what went down last night, I told her she couldn't. And this morning, I didn't let her. I put the movies up, and told her she would need to play quietly, which she did. So, I'm patting myself on the back here *grin*. She did wind up with a slight fever this afternoon, so I heated up some vegetable broth and put on Dora. Since she still wants to go to Awanas I told her she needed to sit still and drink up the broth, and I figured the best way to get her to be still was with a movie. It seemed to work. She actually sat on the couch and drank the broth. And I think it helped.

We read lots of books. All six books Leilani got yesterday, plus two of Natalia's books. I'm glad both girls like me reading to them and enjoy books so much. We also went over verses for tonight. Tonight's "parent night" at Awana. I told Leilani and she said "but I don't need you there, I'm not a Cubby any more." I love that she's growing up, but it still sometimes makes me kind of sad. The good kind of sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment