Thursday, September 20, 2012

Getting Ready to Move

We spent the morning getting things ready for the movers to come give an estimate. I say we, but it really was mostly Jeremy. Natalia is very clingy so I wound up sitting with her and helping out where I could. Leilani clomped around in her shoes, tried climbing Jeremy, played and got in the way. As Jeremy was cleaning and Leilani was chasing him, I overheard this conversation: Leilani "I'm trying to do something I've never done before" Jeremy responded with "what? clean?"

The company will be packing us up Monday and Tuesday, and putting everything in the truck on Tuesday. Then we'll clean and leave, too. So we'll probably be on the road by Thursday or Friday. It's been dragging for so long, and now we're going at rocket speed.

I made some vegan truffles. Tomorrow being my birthday, I want something sweet (we are going to make chocolate cupcakes with almond butter icing tomorrow). Lemme tell ya, those truffles are amazing. I licked the spoon. And kept licking. Just take 1 cup of raw almonds, 3/4 dates, 1/3 c soy milk and blend on high. Take it out, add in 1 tablespoon cocoa powder and 2 tablespoons raw agave nectar and mix. Spoon out and freeze. And make sure you lick the spoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment