Wednesday, September 19, 2012

An Independent Sitter

It's official, Natalia is an independent sitter. She sat for half of Leilani's math lesson yesterday, all of her bath last night, and really, most of yesterday and today. Natalia also loves her Guess How Much I Love You book. More eating it than reading it, but still, it's a good sign, right? She still has apparently no desire to roll over, but that could have something to do with the fact she's so chubby. I think she's too fat to roll over. Not that it's gonna stop her from being mobile. Oh, no. She's trying to crawl. Not doing such a hot job, but still trying.

The movers are coming out on Thursday to look at everything and see how many boxes they'll need. We still don't have an actual move date, but this is a good thing. It means it's actually getting closer. It also means I need to gather up everything I don't want them to pack and put it in a safe corner. Which means lots of work, and with a baby who won't let me put her down, that's nearly impossible. Fortunately, Jeremy's a much better cleaner/packer/organizer than I, and he's probably going to stay home Thursday to take care of all that and talk to the movers.

Leilani has decided she simply must have a certain Dora DVD, so she’s going to have to pay for it. She has quite a bit of money in her piggy bank, and she’s going to start earning money for doing chores. This little girl has expensive habits and no concept of money. It should be a fun journey. She got her school done fairly quickly in order to go to the store, too. Math took her the longest, it always does. I don’t think she’s very fond of it, so she dawdles the whole time. Any tips on getting her to just buckle down and do it?
(yes, I know this is a picture of her doing phonics) Personally, I think Natalia likes Leilani’s school books more than she does.


We went to Target (have I mentioned how much I love Target? So much better than WalMart). Anyway, we went to Target to get the movie, and I got sucked down the costume aisle. Natalia is going to be a unicorn, Leilani is going to be a mermaid, and I’m going to be a witch. Notice anything? Yeah, my family has a teensy weensy obsession with fantasy. I also got a few things we actually needed, like diapers, wipes, baby spoons and “fresh food feeders” so Natalia can eat bananas or whatever and feel like a big girl. I’ve been looking for them for months, I literally squealed when I found them. I also got Natalia some rice rusks, apparently they’re a traditional Chinese first food thing, and I’ve been looking for something non-GMO and organic and vegan to give Natalia to hold and eat. They dissolve very easily, too. So no worries on that score.
She really seemed to enjoy them! She’s wanted to eat big people food for a long time, like since 3 weeks old she’s been trying to grab my food. I’m so glad I found stuff today to help keep her happy and me sane.

As soon as we got home, Leilani had to put on her costume.
Cute, no? After Natalia woke, I put her in hers.

She wouldn’t stop grinning.

I’m using up food we have; today, I got rid of the rest of our couscous. I made pesto with spinach, tossed it with the couscous, and waalaa, cheap meal. Tomorrow we’re going to have spaghetti. I really have barely any food left. It’s an incredibly odd feeling, since I’m used to having so much in my cupboard.

Natalia’s going to be eating sweet potatoes for a while. I opened a jar today and froze most of it. I’m tired of throwing away over half a jar at a time. Fortunately, she really seemed to enjoy the sweet potatoes.
She finished off her “big people eating” eating with a slice of apple in her fresh food feeder.
Quite a food day for this little girl!


Oh, and the reason there are more pictures of Natalia than Leilani is because Natalia can't run away from the camera.

UPDATE: after reading the warning about arsenic in rice, I tossed the rice treats I got her. What a day to be without internet, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment