Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Quick Takes

A quick review of the past week or so

1. Leilani asked Jeremy (more like told, really) to go get her some Salt and Vinegar chips from the store. Jeremy asked her if she was going to give him the money and she said "no, you make the money!"

2. After spending what felt like forever cleaning the highchair, I put Natalia in it only to realize a significant piece is missing, consequently, the tray can't attach. Glad I saved a broken thing for 4 years.

3. My running shoes are fantastic. I jogged/walked for a bit by the river yesterday. Never having run before, I think I did pretty good. Leilani not only didn't get the hang of riding her bike, she preferred Jeremy to push it while she sat on the seat and dangled over the handle bars. I must say, that way sounds pretty darn good to me!

4. Natalia seems to be in love with avocados. She had more yesterday and her face was green after feasting on them. She also enjoys driving me crazy by trying to nurse and suck her thumb simultaneously. Either that or take a quick drink of milk, bounce off and suck her thumb, then back on for milk over and over again.

5. Leilani seems to like having a new play room. Except, as she said "I'd rather have two bedrooms for me". So a whole playroom's not enough, huh?

6. Natalia is aaalllmmmoooossssttttt to the sitting up by herself stage! She actually did sit up by herself last night. She had been sitting on Jeremy's lap while I ran down to get the (not-gonna-work) high chair from the garage, and when I came back up, she was sitting on the floor by herself!

7. Leilani has been trying to do gymnastics on her own this past week. Yesterday she walked up a fallen log with no help, granted it was a bit wider than a balance beam. She got my yoga mat out and was doing somersaults back and forth on it. However, she's convinced she already knows how to do it all so has no need for an instructor.

No comments:

Post a Comment