Monday, September 10, 2012

It Turned Into a Good Day After All

Last night was rough. Leilani had some nightmares that sounded like they involved the iPad - she kept yelling "don't take the iPad from me!" and other unintelligible things. She didn't remember any of it upon waking, though. And when she was sleeping soundly, Natalia decided to cry. It was an insanely long night and I got up knowing today was gonna suck. But it got better.

Leilani did her school very quickly today - she wanted to go rent Puss in Boots again. We reviewed the short vowel sounds and practiced writing a, e, i, o, and u. She has the e, i, o and u down, just struggles with the a. Oh, she also wrote her name last night at Awana on her paper....all by herself!
Natalia and I were in the nursery pretty much the whole night.
We'll be working on memorizing John 3:16 this week. I really don't think she's going to have any trouble.

We went to Kmart (mainly because it was closer to home and more on the way to Blockbuster). Natalia sat up in the cart, I used the floppy seat I had for Leilani. Natalia thoroughly enjoyed it. Well, for a while, anyway. It was a good thing I brought the moby in with us.

We did get some oreos while at Kmart - we did a phases of the moon thing I found on Pinterest. Leilani enjoyed it, mostly because it was edible. And it at least introduced her to the phases.

Natalia and I took a nice two hour nap while Leilani watched Puss in Boots, again. She also decided to clean the floor for me. That involved lots of water and not much planning. I thought the gesture was sweet, however, and thanked her for it. Really, just a quick swipe of the towel, and the floor was dry and, I must say, cleaner *grin*. So, really, it was a good day, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment