Friday, August 24, 2012

The Yummiest Art Lesson

We started school today with art. I mean, when you're going to be finger painting with chocolate icing, why would you wanna wait? The lesson originally called for chocolate pudding, but I had no pudding mixes and couldn't find a vegan recipe using ingredients on hand, so I switched it out. Leilani loved it. The making it, the painting with it, but mostly the eating it. She first covered the paper, then used different kitchen utensils to make designs. I used the icing as an excuse to make cookies *grin*. (don't bother looking for the logic here, there is none)






Todays lessons had lots of coloring, which you would think is a good thing, right? Nope, Leilani is NOT a fan of coloring, at least not when it's "color the picture" or things like that. She much prefers freeform :).

Natalia "helped" in the kitchen. She was in the moby, trying to grab everything. Natalia and I had a nice lie in this morning, then a nap for her/rest for me this afternoon.

I'm having us go through all the food in the freezer, fridge and pantry instead of buying food. I really don't want to move food all the way across the country when we move next month. So tonight we're having leftovers I froze from a couple weeks ago. We're also going to have salad with homemade dressing :). I really do feel so virtuous using everything up *grin*.

No comments:

Post a Comment