Tuesday, August 14, 2012

New Curriculum

Today we used our new curriculum. It was fantastic! Everything is scripted, which basically means I just say what's written and waalaa - lesson done. Leilani seemed to enjoy it, too. Different books for each subject, a page or two in each, actually, she enjoyed it so much, she asked for more work to do! We'll see how long that lasts *grin* I have a flutophone coming for music with Leilani.

It's been a lovely, rainy day. I must be strange, because the longer it rained, the more I felt my spirits rise. I've always loved rain though. I'm also totally ready for fall - so to get in the fall spirit I made a "Great Northern Apple Cake". The surprise ingredient? Great Northern beans. Next time, I'm going to add a touch more cinnamon, and it'll be perfect! The whole house smelled like fall while it was baking! Apples and cinnamon - does anything (besides pumpkin) scream fall more loudly?

Leilani played some Angry Birds for a while. I put the timer on and told her "when the timer beeps, then time is up and you need to stop playing." Leilani replied "I don't want time to be up, I want it to be down!"

Natalia is officially a thumb-sucker. She sucks it like it's going out of style. No matter what, she will NOT take a paci. I've given up, which was a pretty easy thing to do, since it's just so darn cute looking :). She's also grabbing EVERYTHING. She grabbed the camera and knocked it down, she reached for my drink that I barely got out of the way in time. She's grabbing hair, clothes, basically anything within reach. I can't believe how grown up she's getting already!

Last night, I got on amazon and ordered some fish oil (I know, it's anything BUT vegan). I'm hoping it will help me get rid of this PPD...I'm tired of not fully being here for my girlies, and I'm willing to do anything (except meds, since I'm breastfeeding) in order to be here for them. I want to enjoy this time in our lives and not be stressed and in a fog. It's not fair to them or me. Or my husband. I also ordered a bunch of essential oils, for mood boosting. Oh, and as a treat, I got myself some marmite. Marmite on bread = delish :).

No comments:

Post a Comment