Monday, August 20, 2012

Cloud Dough, Cleaning, and Happiness

I can't wait for fall! I pulled out some of Leilani's fall baby clothes and dressed Natalia in them today. It made me so happy - until she poo'ed and it went out her diaper a teeny bit. Oh well, at least I got to enjoy it for a bit.

We started off the day with some couscous and brown sugar/cinnamon. It was quite a hit :). After Leilani got all her school done we went to WalMart because Leilani needed some new pants. While we were there, I found some super cute skirts and shirts for the girls to match. They won't be wearing them until October or so, since they have the rib bones, candy corn and other halloweenish things. The skirt is pink with black lace over it. I can't wait to dress them in it!

After we had lunch, I made some "cloud dough" as a nice sensory game for Leilani. It's just like the stuff at childrens' museums. Leilani's been having a blast with it.
After she was done I asked her to put the lid on and sweep up her mess and she did it without any argument, really very cheerfully. We had a nice talk about being good while we were in the car. She asked me, "mommy, do you want to make me be good?" I think I shocked her when I replied "no!" I went on to say "I want to guide you to make good choices, telling what the options are and let you make the choice." She really is a mature little girl, and I've found that when I respect her autonomy and talk things through with her, she usually does the right thing because she chose to. Being able to make the choice makes all the difference in the world!

I got some scrunchies while at WalMart to make a little sensory game for Natalia, too. I'll wash them, we'll use most of them for Leilani's hair, and then the others will be in a container for Natalia to explore the different textures and colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment