Saturday, August 25, 2012

Forced Fun

If you have anything to do with the military, you probably know what the post title means. For everyone else, well, it's basically what it sounds like. The "official" name is Family Day, and it's for all the members of the unit and their families to get together, mingle, meet new friends and have fun. Only it rarely works that way. Usually it looks more like all the members of the unit playing some sort of ball, the spouses with kids watching after the kids, and the ones without sitting off to the side texting. We stayed for a little over an hour, Leilani enjoyed the bouncy thing and the playground. There was food, but it was more a meat-atarian paradise than anything else. I'm glad Leilani and I ate before we went.

After we got home, Leilani and Jeremy were going to go swimming, so Natalia and I ran to the store to get some nursin pads, daipers, produce and a few other baby foods. Leilani and Jeremy were still home when I got back, having decided to try this other pool and needing my car to get there. While they were gone, I made yummy cassoulet. Leilani ate quite a bit of hers, then the girls took a bath and I made some peach-blueberry-almond milk sherbet. Both girls loved it. Also, Natalia loved the broth from my cassoulet. It may be cheaper feeding her than I thought *grin*.

Enjoy the pictures!






No comments:

Post a Comment