Monday, August 6, 2012

Meal Planning

To start off with, while challenging at times, it's fun being vegan! Over the next week and a half, we're going to be making all kinds of fun foods. (yes, we went grocery shopping today, but just went to Trader Joe's instead of trying the other store, maybe next time *grin*).

A quick look at the meals I'll be making over the next 10 days (in no particular order):

Three-Bean Loaf with mashed potatoes
Spaghetti Marinara with crusty bread and salad
Tortilla Strata with chips and salsa
Polenta-Pinto Bean Pie with salad
White Beans and Lemon Potatoes with Olives and Tomatoes
Call It Cassoulet with crusty bread
Rice Island Casserole
Pizza
Garlicky Polenta with Mushroom Saute and salad
South African Slow-Cooked Bobotie


Plus, for lunches, we're going to be making Cheezee Mac, PBJs, Russian Pita sandwiches and bean and cheese toasties. For breakfasts' we'll have cinnamon-raisin sprouted grain toast, muesli, oats, or smoothies (and maybe, sometimes, cold cereal, for "special times") And the best part? I didn't have to buy all that much, since I planned my meals around things I already (mostly) had in my pantry and freezer! I really want to use up as much as I can before we move, so I don't have to either move or throw away foods :).

Tonights dinner is three-bean loaf with mashed potatoes. Obviously, I'm going to make most of the meals with perishables first, but since we had Russian pitas for lunch, I figured we'd had enough veggies and needed some more protein. What are Russian pitas? Basically, just take a can of mixed veggies, drain and mix with 2 Tablepoons vegan mayo, a dash of salt and pepper, and put in a whole-wheat pita with a bit of lettuce. Tada! Instant lunch...yummy too :).

No comments:

Post a Comment