Tuesday, July 10, 2012

VBS Day 2

Finally, after three trips to the kitchen, getting side tracked each time, I had my snack (this was last night). I settled on the couch, eating my pita chips and hummus and nursing Natalia. Had my movie on. Then, there came the explosion. Poo was everywhere. I quickly licked the hummus off my fingers to clean everything up, when I realized - THAT WAS NOT HUMMUS ON MY FINGERS!!! Yep, mouth full o' poo. DE-licious. After gagging, I got everything cleaned up and brushed my teeth. Then, in typical mom fashion, finished my snack *grin*.

After that, we got to skype with my dh in Africa, which was awesome. Unfortunately the signal wasn't very strong so the video kept digitalizing and the sound kept cutting out. After we completely lost his call, we skyped with Matt and Sophie for a bit. I tried skying with my other sil, but missed her :(. Fortunately, we'll be seeing them all in a couple weeks! Not that I'm excited or anything *smiles*

Today was the second day of VBS, Leilani told me she did NOT want me to stay at church today, so I went for a little walk - about two miles or so. Natalia woke up on the return stretch and kept looking at the trees and the sunlight streaming through. I loved being able to just take a half hour and walk and talk to God. I've been feeling far away from Him just because I've not been as diligent in my relationship with Him as I ought. After I got back, I hung out in the nursery with a couple other moms and we had a great time! Swapping birth/baby/paranoid mama stories. Natalia, who generally doesn't take to people, took to the one mom amazingly! Natalia LOVED her :)

Since on one of my snack-then-distracted trips to the kitchen I threw a casserole together for dinner today, as soon as we got home from VBS, it went into the oven. One of the main reasons I love casseroles, really.

Leilani decided she wanted to do LOTS of school today, so we've been working hard on that. I can't believe my little girl is going to be in kindergarten next year!!!

The pictures are from this morning, getting ready to go to VBS. Leilani's waving her verse card around.


This afternoon, the diaper covers I ordered arrived! I'm so excited to not have to always use plain white ones anymore!!! :)
We'll have some modeling sessions this weekend, after they've been washed and we're not going to VBS in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment