Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth!


This morning, before heading off to the parade, I quickly made Natalia another pair of barefoot sandals - red, white and blue :)

Then I did Leilani's hair, with red, white and blue flowers :), I love doing her hair, but she's not a fan of it, so when it happens it's extra special

I thought we ought to get into the holiday spirit :)

The parade left a lot to be desired, but Leilani had fun and got TONS of candy! Natalia enjoyed nursing through the whole thing *grin*





After the parade, we stopped at Dick's Sporting Goods because my dh needed a decent watch to take with him to Senegal. I also wanted to look at jogging strollers...but they don't sell them :(. From there we walked over to Menchie's. Leilani made a super creation:
and I was happy they had sorbet :)

We chilled at home for a few hours and skyped with my dh's praents. It's always fun catching up and getting to see each other :) Leilani made a paper baby doll for her sister


We went to the local fireworks display which was surprisingly good! We parked pretty close to the park and watched the whole thing from the comfort of our air conditioned car :). We did open the moon roof and Leilani stood up and watched...she gave me a running commentary, which was absolutely adorable! The color, shape, and noise factor of each firework was described with great relish Natalia, after nursing and filling her little tummy, was mesmerized by the bright lights.





2 comments:

  1. Adorable!!! Both girls looked so cute and like they had so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I asked L if she had a good day, and she said "Yes, except for the green fireworks" I guess she didn't like those ones lol

      Delete