Saturday, July 28, 2012

Lazy Daze

Today was a nice, relaxed day at the apartment. Leilani was pretty tired from all the go-go-going of the past few days. Not to mention all the parents were pretty exhausted from staying up waaaayyyy late playing poker and Balderdash :). We had so much fun and so many laughs.

Gracie was introduced to Cinderella today. I'm not sure how much of it she actually watched, but Sophie and I enjoyed it! We (Sophie and I) have decided that we're going to find Pocahontas since neither of us saw it during childhood and we've both always wanted to. While the babies were all napping, Leilani opened her new Twister game and she and Uncle Matt played for quite a while. I'm not sure that Leilani fully "got" the game, but she sure had fun! We then watched Tangled. Gracie got up from her nap shortly before the movie was over, and she and I had a nice dance to the music. She was grinning and trying to keep me moving for a while.

I discovered Natalia loves her cousins bassinet - she laid in there for a while, watching the teddy bear mobile. When she started getting fussy, I turned the vibration part on, and she LOVED that!

Sophie made shepherd's pie for dinner - vegan, and super delicious! Natalia got to hang with Aunt Sophie in the kitchen and discovered all Aunt Sophie's cooking secrets (now if only I could figure out how to get Natalia to tell me *grin*). Gracie thoroughly enjoyed her helping, she smooshed some of it, then stared at her fingers as if trying to figure out WHY it was on her hands. She then proceeded to eat almost all of it :).

Natalia, Gracie and James all sat around me and played with Natalia's favorite toy - a light up star stacker. The babies seemed to like when it played music, but Gracie LOVED when the music played, dancing and grinning!

We ended the kiddos day with Esther: the Girl who Became Queen...one of Leilani's favorite Veggie Tales movies :).

No comments:

Post a Comment