Friday, July 6, 2012

Pizza Day!

This morning started off beautifully, with the three of us cuddling on the bed and talking. Leilani gave Natalia lots of big sister kisses.

Since Jeremy's going out of town today, I thought pizza and a movie might cheer Leilani up. Especially since now I can have the pizza too because I found non-dairy cheese! We made our crust this morning, covered it in plastic wrap and set it outside to rise - one of the ONLY things this heat is good for!

Have I mentioned that I LOVE my Vitamix? Well, I DO!!! I made a super yummy "peachy green" smoothie for breakfast. I just think it's so much easier to drink ones breakfast than to eat it *grin*. Natalia was extremely obliging and took a nice long morning nap which meant I managed to fit a workout in :)

Leilani's been enjoying her candy from the parade, I'm not letting her have too much, which makes the pieces she gets that much more exciting :)


Our pizza turned out wonderfully! We made a slight variation on the grandma pizza. What's a grandma pizza, you ask? Well, its a sicilian style pizza crust, topped with shredded mozzarella, crushed tomatoes, olive oil and garlic. I used pizza sauce and added basil. So mine wasn't an *authentic* grandma pizza, but it was still delish :)
Leilani loved it and ate quite a few pieces. She also seemed to like Alice in Wonderland - we had to watch it twice. I used my vitamix to make a kale lemonade, to go with our pizza, it was quite tasty -

On a completely unrelated note, Natlia has discovered her thumb - her new favorite occupation is seeing how many times in a row she can get it into her mouth. She always looks rather proud of herself after getting it in there :). However, she has the same gag reflex my brother does, which means that as she's sucking on her thumb, she generally winds up gagging herself.

I mixed up some more laundry detergent - I'm still on the same batch we made back in October! I have two detergent bottles I keep filled. Or at least try to *grin* That stuff is awesome...not only does it clean as well as the regular brand stuff, but it's so much cheaper! And since, when I put it into the bottles, it's 1 part detergent to 1 part water, it lasts' forever! When I came out of the laundry room, I saw the most adorable sight, Leilani was next to Natalia, talking to her. I was lucky to get this shot :)





No comments:

Post a Comment