Friday, July 13, 2012

Final Day of VBS

Today Leilani announced that I could not even walk her into church - I think she's growing up! *happy and sad*. At least that meant I could go for a walk!

Today was dinorsaur day - and guess what song we listened to over and over again on the way to church? Behemoth Is a Dinosaur by Buddy Davis. I asked Leilani what she learned about today:
Behemoth and how his tail is like a cedar tree, because it had to be huge to balance him. And that dinoasuars died because of the flood. And we sang the Woodpecker song. We played sharks and minnows. When I was gonna win it, I got tagged and I was a shark, too!
So I'd say she had fun.

Natalia and I enjoyed our walk, actually, she slept through the whole thing. There's this stretch along my route that has trees and brush growing right up next to the sidewalk. One can almost imagine being in the country, if you can tune out the road on the other side of the sidewalk *grin*. We saw the same squirrel today that we saw the other day. He's very bold and unafraid. Once again, he was on the little strip of grass between the sidewalk and road. I started slowing down so he could cross and we were practically walking side by side for a couple feet. He crossed over and sat under his favorite tree, watching me the whole time. I told him to have a nice day. After our walk, I went out to the back again (this time I brought my Moby instruction guide - in the back it shows a few excerises you can do with the Moby). I did some squats and stretches. Then we walked around to where the Leilani's class was playing games


Natalia comfortably in the Moby while we (read: I) watched a bit of the game time


When we got home, I switched Natalia over to cloth diapers, using one of her new covers (I broke down and bought some more, these ones are so much sturdier than my original ones, and the inserts work in them perfectly).
I love how now her bum looks like a little ladybug :).

I've been busy packing all week, but since my dh isn't here to take the boxes out to the garage, and I've been busy with two little girls so I couldn't get to it, I have a nice pile of boxes
with more to come :)

Natalia was awake ALOT today from about 8 on, with three 30 minute naps....I bathed her in hopes it would put her to sleep:
Not asleep, but looking oh-so-cute :)

Leilani wanted popcorn for her bedtime snack so she could put it in her brand new popcorn container. Then, she discovered the "fun" way to eat it

No comments:

Post a Comment