Monday, July 16, 2012

Learning to Read

Today has been focused on learning to read. Saturday, Sunday and today we've done two lessons each day from the book Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons. I have this week all planned out - we'll just see if it goes the way I'm hoping :). Each day we'll do one big cleaning project and one big packing for Florida project. I'm also trying to eat through everything in the refrigerator, so I don't waste money or food.

We did lots of school, got the living room all shiny and cleaned, and started prepping for our trip. Then, in the interest of not wasting food, I roasted up a bunch of vegetables that were going to go bad soon, blended them all together in my vitamix, boiled some noodles and had delicious pasta :) I did make some vegan faux parm - just pulse 1/3 cup of nuts in the blender until nice and powdery, mix in 3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Tightly covered, it will keep in the fridge for about 3 weeks. Not that any of mine has ever lasted that long :).

I put Natalia in her Bumbo seat and she played for a little bit. I put the tray on and some toys on there. I think, though, that Natalia was more interested in leaning to the side and chewing on the tray than anything else.

Yesterday we did some crafts, Leilani thoroughly enjoyed that, we read about Samson and watched VeggieTales, some of our favorites :)

Pictures from yesterday and today:









No comments:

Post a Comment