Saturday, June 30, 2012

Visiting

Yesterday we headed up to see Jeremy grandma in MI. We were going to try to leave somewhat early, but that didn't exactly happen. Since Jeremy's aunt and uncle live on the way to grandma's we stopped off there and had a lovely visit.

From there we headed to the nursing home. Grandma was very alert, but didn't make much sense - she kept talking about having bad combinations and a bad political situation because of two names. She was really cute, though :). She got to meet Natalia and see Leilani again. There was also a little old man in a wheelchair who was blind and determined to get across the street (mind you, we're in the nursing home dining room) to get to a building and wait for his daughter. I "helped him across the road" and back to where he was supposed to be. He was happy then. After helping him, Natalia and I went back over to grandma, Jeremy and Leilani. At one point, grandma said "what's in a name?" so I responded with "a rose, which by any other name would smell as sweet" and she grinned hugely. Then Jeremy started telling her goofy poems

I shot an arrow in the air
It fell to the earth I know not where
But I saw it from afar
In the radiator of my neighbors car


and

I sneezed a sneeze into the air
It fell to the earth I know not where
But hard where the looks of those
In whose vicinity I snoze


and she giggled like a schoolgirl - really adorable.





On the way home, I discovered Natalia LOVES Baby Einstein...but in order for her to see it, I have to hold the DVD player for her. But at least she wasn't screaming about being in the carseat! We got home rather late-ish and Leilani didn't get to sleep until 10, but it meant she slept in until 8 today! We ran errands today (thank goodness for Super WalMarts! get everything done at one place!) They actually had a nice little bath seat for Natalia, so now she and Leilani can take baths together. Leilani is super excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment