Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Starting to Pack....

Yesterday, Leilani went out on the porch and picked a flower for Natalia and one for herself. She desperately wanted Natalia to wear her flower, so I put it behind her ear:


then I told Leilani I wanted a picture of her with her flower behind her ear:


I may be a bit biased, but I have two of the cutest girls in the world!

I decided to go ahead and start packing for our move...even though we're not sure where we're going or precisely when. I just figure it's better to get as much done as I can while I can. And there's a LOT to pack, too!

We made seitan today, I have a nice easy, no-need-to-knead recipe that takes around twenty minutes. Instead of using wheat flour and having to knead until you get to the gluten stage, just use wheat gluten flour - then it's already there! - saving hours of slaving in the kitchen *grin*. For dinner we had sauteed seitan with green peas & mushrooms and some collard greens from our bucket garden. I was pretty excited to eat some food that we grew! Plus, it was all really yummy :)


We watched Peanuts today, and Leilani kept asking "why doesn't Sally like school?" which reminded me "hey, we ought to do some school!" so...WE DID! I think Leilani has rather missed doing that. We also read more of Happy Birthday, Felicity! and read some more in our manners book. We're also learning Spanish...Leilani's swings between being excited and done with it. But I'm pretty excited! This way, when we got visit my in-laws in Spain (they're missionaries there) I can talk to all their friends and understand whats being said.

No comments:

Post a Comment