Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day at the Lake

We went out to a family resort lake today called Clay's Parks. Leilani had a blast! She hated the every hour 15 minute safety check, though! There were all kinds of things in the lake to keep her busy...inflatable slides, trampolines, rings and more! Leilani, somehow, managed to sneak onto the big slide. She LOVED it, but when she went to do it again, she wasn't allowed because of being too small (quick disclaimer -she was with Jeremy in the water and I was on the shore with Natalia, so she wasn't out there all alone *grin*). Boy, was she mad when they told her she wasn't tall enough! She desperately wanted me to go into the water with her, so after I fed Natalia, I decided I could go in for a few minutes while Jeremy finished his food...I made it about 10 steps into the water when "excuse me ma'am, but you have to have a life jacket"...urgh, really??? The life jacket line was only like fifty people long, and with Natalia constantly waking and needing to eat, I wasn't going to wait in line for maybe 10 minutes of water time. I understand it's their policy, but it was still aggravating! Okay, rant over *grin*. It was rather relaxing, hanging on the beach with Natalia. Nothing to call me away from talking to and playing with her :). She seemed to rather enjoy the undivided attention, too.

After playing in the water for a few hours, Leilani played in the sand and on the playground, and had tons of fun! She got her face painted (she told them it was "perfect!"), made a bracelet and made a pair of giant sunglasses :).











Oh, Leilani's new thing is to rhyme every thing. So "the groundy woundy" was "icky nicky". Or, the "dippy wippy" is in the "frdgey widgey". Just a funny little thing she's started doing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment