Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Princess Summer Camp

I thought it might be fun for my daughter to have her own little “summer camp”. We’re watching one Princess movie a day and doing crafts to go along with it. We’ll also have a tea party each day to correspond with the movie :) Today we watched The Little Mermaid, had a “By the Sea” tea party, complete with “sea wave” for dessert (cool whip colored blue – but she LOVED it *grins*). I made a place mat with sea shell stickers on the front:


I also made her a mermaid tail out of a towel – just take a large towel (a beach towel works best) and two ponytail holders or rubber bands and use them to make the split at the end of the tail, then tie the other end around your child’s waist and –waalaa – mermaid tail!


My daughter’s been wearing it most of the day, running around pretending she’s under water swimming, trying to get away from sharks, splashing at the ocean’s surface and having a blast! :) She also decided her baby sister needed a mermaid tail, so we made another for her *smiles* (I love that my 5yo loves her baby sister!!!) We made seashell necklaces with yarn and play doh – one for each girlie…I cut the yarn long enough to slip over their heads, then we put the play doh onto the necklace and formed it into a seashell, kind of like the necklace Ursula wears to trick Prince Eric.


I then gave my daughter a manicure (since it’s a Princess “camp” there has to be some spa treatments, after all!) My little girl is absolutely loving all the extra attention I’m able to lavish on her right now since her baby’s sleeping so much (I think the baby’s about to hit another growth spurt – YIKES! Lol).

She’s also loving that she’s getting to watch Princess movies, which is an incredibly RARE treat, she actually stayed in the room for the whole movie, something she rarely does *grin*. Tomorrow we’ll be doing another princess, which one I’m not sure yet, since my 5yo has to decide which she wants next : Belle, Cinderella, Rapunzel, or (not exactly a princess movie, but a movie she loves) Gnomeo and Juliet.

We finished the second Felicity book - Felicity Learns a Lesson. My daughter’s loving me reading them to her, she can’t wait for me to start the next one! And she’s really paying attention, too, and asking questions about why the colonists’ stopped drinking tea and what was going on at that point, which is really why we’re reading them, since the Fourth of July is right around the corner. If we do a book a week, we’ll get done right before the Fourth, perfect timing, no? We’re on pace for that, and still managing to do the projects with each book, since the major project for Felicity Learns a Lesson is a tea party *grins*. We’re having LOTS of tea parties this week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment