Friday, June 8, 2012

Gnomeo and Juliet

We started the day off with a little photo shoot. My cousin got the girls some matching shirts, so we put them on and got some pictures

Today is the last day of our "Princess Camp". I must say, I'm a little sad and a little glad. I'm exhausted because of trying to do so much on such little sleep. But I'm glad Leilani has all these fun memories and has had such fun this past week! I love the movie Gnomeo and Juliet, it's so funny, and I much prefer it's ending to Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Actually, honestly, I'm not much of a Shakespeare fan. Like, at all!

Today, we had a Garden Tea Party, once again, all our food was more "garden-ish". We had hummus-artichoke wraps - a favorite of Leilani's and mine :) The placemat had a "red v. blue" theme, in keeping with our movie. I took black construction paper and red and blue sparkly stickers and decorated the paper with it - my daughter was thrilled with it :). We made berry ice cream for dessert......super easy - take a couple frozen bananas, about a cup of frozen berries, a cup of fortified soy milk, and a couple tablespoons of frozen juice concentrate and blend until smooth...yummy, delicious and super easy :), top it with some walnuts for some added nutrients, my daughter had so much fun making and eating it, she didn't even realize how healthy it was *grin*

We made a "garden in a jar" for our big craft. We also did Princess tattoos (I got them at WalMart for like $2.00, a bargain, if you ask me, they'll last for months *grin*). Tattoos are one of Leilani's favorite things, and since she's learned to put them on herself, they're one of my favorite things, too. She can count to 30 thanks to those little tats, and it gives me a several minute break because she has to get the washcloth, wet it, and put all her tattoos on :).

Our spa treatment was really very luxurious...a massage! Before Natalia was born, I gave Leilani massages all the time. Now, however, I barely have time to get a shower for myself, let alone give a massage! She really loves massages :).

Poor Natalia has incredibly dry and sensitive skin, (so did Leilani) so I got Burt's Bee's Baby Bee's wash for her, which seems to have helped, and I got her some baby eczema cream - I can't believe the difference in her face already. Where before her skin was peeling, it's becoming nice and smooth! And her cheeks don't have an angry red color anymore - I just have to apply it regularly :). Last night, as I got in bed, Natalia's eyes were wide open and she was looking at me, so I smiled at her (as usual) and she smiled back...a HUGE smile. She didn't just smile because I was talking to her, like usual, because I wasn't talking for fear of waking Leilani. And Natalia's been smiling back all day! It makes me so happy and excited :).

Once again, I'm having trouble with the photo uploader here on blogger....hopefully it'll start working soon so I can have a "photo page" of all the pictures I can't get up!

No comments:

Post a Comment