Thursday, June 7, 2012

Beauty and the Beast

Today, Leilani chose my absolute favorite princess movie!!! I enjoyed watching it with her while running around doing laundry and dishes (gotta do things like that in the morning while I have a bit of energy lol).

I've found a super sneaky way to get my daughter to have some extra fruits and flax seed - when I make my daily (super yummy) smoothie, I make a bit extra and put it into our popsicle mold, then, when my daughter wants a popsicle she's having lots of fruit and vit B12 :). Clever, no?

We had a fairy tea, with nice green type foods - tofu-edamame nuggets, Asian-inspired salad with ginger-sesame dressing, and green tea (obviously *grin*), and then for dessert we had cookies and cream, while not exactly green it was nice and yummy :)


Our two fun projects for the day were making a flower tiara and a picture book about feelings. Since the beast has to learn how to get in touch with his feelings and react to them appropriately, I took advantage of that and we had a nice discussion about feelings - what they are, why they are and how to deal with them :)


Our "spa treatment" was doing a full facial makeover.

Putting makeup on is one of Leilani's favorite things to do, we don't do it very often so it's a super special treat when she gets to do it!


We read another chapter of Felicity's Surprise and another section of the Manners for Young Ladies books. Leilani seems to be really enjoying them! She actually followed me around asking to read more manners (guess we'll have to work on the repeatedly asking thing, but hey, if she's asking to learn more manners, that's good, right?)

I'm having trouble uploading photos right now, so there will only be the photo of her makeover for today. Hopefully I'll have better luck with pictures tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment