Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cooking, Baking and Packing

Today we did lots of baking and cooking. We're going to spend the rest of the week downtown for Marine Week and, let's face it, there aren't too many vegetarian options from room service, not to mention THE PRICE!!!! So I soaked some beans last night and let them cook in the slow-cooker all day - I'm going to turn them into Southwestern Beans, we made some vegan bread in our bread machines for pbjs, some beans and rice with sauteed peppers (nice to throw into a tortilla or wrap) and a potato-herb bake and added in some vegetarian sausage :). We'll definitely NOT starve, and we'll save money too! After we were basically done, I decided to bake some chocolate chip cookies - I decided to use Flax Seed for the egg (for two reasons, 1-I'm not crazy about the amount of cholesterol in eggs, and 2-I have no eggs *grin*)...they're nice and big and fluffy, and taste really good, too :)

I also had a TON of packing to do...two little girls, both of whom are messy eaters - one a bit more so than the other, seeing as how she's a baby and spits up, in addition to being getting us both soaked while she's eating. That makes for ALOT of clothes to need! I think Natalia has the biggest bag out of all of us *grin*. I couldn't sleep last night for thinking of all the things I need to pack - clothes, vitamins, toiletries, activities, charger for the camera, and the list goes on. I'm the type who'd rather be waaaayyyy over prepared and have waaaayyyy too many clothes and things than run out!

Last night, Leilani decided she wanted me to pop her blood blister that she got yesterday. I got the needle all prepped, and when she saw what instrument I was going to have to use, she yelled "NO! That hurts!" - I wasn't even close to her yet *grin*. I told her it would be over before she knew it, just close her eyes. I took her poor little thumb and put myself between her face and hand so she couldn't see even if she wanted to. After I did it, she asked "have you popped it yet?" lol. She was so tough :). Later, I was cuddling with Natalia and tracing my finger around her face, I rested my finger on her nose and apparently, she loves my finger tracing her, because she moved her head to the side and up, so my finger was resting on her chin. Thinking it was a fluke, I tried it again - and she did moved her head again to make my finger trace her cheek and land on her chin. We kept it up for several minutes, Natalia grinning the whole time. I just love my girlies :). They're both so adorable and clever!

Leilani's fever's all gone, but we still took the day nice and easy (besides my flurry of activity). We played, finished Felicity's Surprise, and watched some Winnie-the-Pooh. A busy, but fun, day.

No comments:

Post a Comment