Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cinderella

Today my daughter chose Cinderella, one of my favorites :). I made a little ticket with Cinderella written on the front, and told my daughter to hand it in when she was ready to watch the movie. She did that fairly early, so I drew a little star on it to show we'd watched it. On the back of the ticket I wrote the rest of the activities for today (Princess Tea, Make Scepter, Make Shadow Box and Pedi) The placemat today, since the tea part is "princess tea" has a princess-y theme:

not that you could tell *grin*

Before we had our tea party, though, we made our scepters...my 5yo's is pink with a big flower at the top and her baby sister's is purple with a sun at the top - both very cute. My 5yo had tons of fun decorating her scepter with sparkly stickers:)


After we made the scepters, we had our tea party - cucumber sandwiches, tomato salad and chai tea. Dessert was fruit - peaches, and frozen yogurt:). I cut the cucumber sandwich into a heart, my girlie LOVED her sandwich. Actually, cucumbers are one of her favorite things, and she loves them on bread with ranch dressing *grin*. The tomato salad was equally simple - quarter some small tomatoes, toss with olive oil, basil and salt and -voila!- tomato salad!

While we ate our lunch, we watched Rogers and Hammersteins Cinderella. A bit corny, but my daughter seemed to enjoy it.


We made a shadow box of Cinderella, too :) I took an old box, some scrapbook paper and construction paper, some Priness stickers and some Cinderella paper dolls we had, assembled and there ya have it, our shadow box :)




We read the first chapter in Felicity's Surprise today - both my girlies were paying attention, the baby mostly just to my voice, and my 5yo was asking questions (why did Ben think Felicity shouldn't go to the ball? Why did Felicity's father think it was a good idea? why did Father say war isn't good and he hoped it could be avoided? - and yes, those were her actual questions *smiles*) I'm also quite excited - in the mail today the manners books I ordered arrived! I'm looking forward to teaching my daughter good manners - how to use them and why they're so important. And I'm hopeful that she'll be excited about it, too, since good manners were so important in Felicity's day and she seems to be loving the Felicity books.

My 5yo also did lots of puzzles all by herself today! It gave me time to get some dishes and laundry done and cuddle with the baby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment