Sunday, October 21, 2012

More Unpacking....

We've been slowly unpacking. I'm still working on the library/school room. Natalia will only let me put her down for like five minutes at a time, which means I don't get a lot unpacked before I'm holding her again. I ordered a jump-a-roo, which should get her by the middle of the week, and I'm hoping that will buy me time to actually unpack and put away.

Honestly, as I look around, I wonder how on earth we managed to fit all this into a tiny two bedroom apartment, and then I remember, we were tripping over stuff and around half of it was in the garage. It's so nice to have room to spread out and have everything in its own place!

I made a sourdough starter a few days ago, and it's going quite nicely. I've fed it once, (last night) and it's doubled in size, so the wild yeast is nice and strong. I'm going to feed it again before I go to bed, and hopefully we'll be having fresh sourdough bread pretty soon!

Leilani and I got our hair cut yesterday....Leilani's hair chopping of the other day led to an unexpected pixie cut for her, and the anticipated pixie cut for me. I've gotta say, I love my new 'do. Leilani looks super cute in hers, too. All her hair was hiding it, but she has great cheekbones *grin*

Natalia ate some baked potato for dinner. I was going to make tacos, but after I made the veggie meat (seasoned already, naturally), shredded the lettuce and diced the tomato, I realized "hey, I don't have any tortilas or shells" so I baked up some potatoes and used the taco fillings as toppings. Natalia loved her quarter of a potato...ate the entire quarter, actually! Then she topped it off with some breastmilk and took a little nap :).

No comments:

Post a Comment