Saturday, October 13, 2012

Another Day

Leilani was going on about the bad guys who broke into our car, insisting they'd broken into mine as well as Jeremy's. I explained they hadn't, and she said "well, I need to get it clean so it shines in case they come back so they won't take it". I told her the bad guys weren't on base or where we are moving, and she said, "oh, they're only in four places, Seattle, Tacoma, North Dakota and South Dakota." She's so freakin' adorable, my little girl.

Today we checked out of the TLF room we've had, to make room for reservists. Only in the Air Force do they give reservists the best accommodations. We're going to be in a one bedroom at TLF for the next few days. We had a couple hours of downtime between moving out of the one TLF apartment and moving into the other, so we drove around base and went to the exchange and commissary. Back when Jeremy and I first got married, I thought shopping on base was so freaking cool, now, I don't think they have the greatest deals, but they don't have sales tax. I think wal-mart and target have better or similar pricing, and much better choices. And the commissary has terrible choices if you're vegan or at all health conscience. For vegans, they have six different choices of tofu, and all they veggie meats have eggs or milk, definitely NOT vegan! But we'll be living off base, so those shops won't even be the closest choices for me. Plus, I plan on doing most of my shopping at Whole Foods and just going once a month or so. I really want to figure out how to do once a month vegan cooking.

We made portabella burgers for dinner. Super delicious. Then we watched some Food Network and chilled. We'll see how sleeping goes, we only have one bedroom. Leilani's heartily sick of all this upheaval and it's showing. Actually, we're all tired of it. Monday can't get here soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment